Royal Flush is changing!
$75 Royal Flush rebate program ends December 31, 2016
The Royal Flush rebate program was introduced in 2003. Since then, the City of Guelph has issued more than 19,500 rebates. That’s millions of litres of precious water saved by our community with every flush!
Toilet flushing continues to be the largest use of water in most households. Toilet replacement is a simple way to save BIG on water and water bills.
To encourage more residents to update older, inefficient toilets, the City is expanding the Royal Flush rebate program to a wider audience. The new program, which begins January 1, 2017, will offer $50 rebates on the replacement of 6-litre or larger toilets when replaced with qualifying 4.8-litre or smaller WaterSense® models.
Get the $75 Royal Flush rebate for a limited time!
You can still cash in on the $75 rebate for replacing 13-litre or larger toilets with a qualifying WaterSense® models. See below for information on eligibility and qualifying toilets.
New toilets must be purchased on or before December 31, 2016 to qualify. Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2017 to get the $75 rebate.
For more information
519-822-1260 extension 2633
Royal Flush eligible toilets
Almost 30% of all water consumed in the home is flushed down the toilet. Older, high water use toilet models may have poor flushing performance and experience ongoing leakage. This leads to increased water use, ongoing maintenance and higher utility costs.
All eligible toilet models meet the US Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) WaterSense Performance Standard guidelines. The WaterSense standards require toilet models to be either dual flush (3/4.8L or 3/6L) or high efficiency (3.0L or 4.8L/flush) and must include chemical resistant trim components and a minimum flush capacity of 350 grams. Independent, third-party licensed bodies certify that products meet the WaterSense criteria for water efficiency and performance.
Residents must purchase a WaterSense toilet model in order to qualify for the Royal Flush rebate. To ensure you purchase a toilet that is eligible for a rebate, check the WaterSense list:Royal Flush – residential toilet list
Eligible toilet models are subject to change upon the availability of new WaterSense approvals.
How do I apply for the rebate?
- Have a valid Guelph Hydro account
- Live within the City of Guelph limits
- Be on the municipal water system
- Ensure that your home has been built before 1996
- Check that you have not had more than 2 rebates per household per lifetime
- Select a dual flush, or high efficiency toilet model from the list of City-approved toilets
- Purchase and install the new toilet(s) replacing a 13 litre toilet or larger
- Complete the Royal Flush application form. Send the completed form and receipt to: Royal Flush, City Hall, 1 Carden Street, Guelph, ON N1H 3A1
The City of Guelph reserves the right to cancel or change the program at any time.
Multi-residential toilet rebates
Replace the high water use toilets in your apartment building, housing condominium or townhouse complex and receive a rebate from the City of Guelph on your hydro bill!Royal Flush – multi residential toilet list
How do I apply for a rebate?
- Contact Royal Flush program staff, at 519-822-1260 extension 2633, to advise of the number of toilet retrofits to be completed and to find out about potential site inspection requirements.
- Purchase and install new water efficient toilets from the list of eligible models to replace your existing high water use (13-litre or more).
- Please review the Royal Flush Multi-Residential Rebate Program Terms and Conditions (listed below) before completing your application.
- Complete your rebate application package in full and include:
- Original receipt showing toilet has been paid for in full (photocopies will not be accepted)
- Completed rebate Multi-Residential Rebate Application Form
- Proof of installation by professional plumber or contractor
- Mail your rebate application package to:
Royal Flush Multi-Residential Rebate Program1 Carden St
- Be available for a site inspection (as required).
- Enjoy your water savings! Once your application has been approved the rebate amount will be credited to your hydro bill within ten to twelve weeks.
Please note: Rebates are only available to Guelph multi- family residences (apartment building, housing condominium, townhouse complex) that are connected to the municipal water system. To qualify, multi-family applicants must also purchase a toilet from the list of City approved toilet models.
In consideration of receiving a rebate in this Program, I release the Corporation of the City of Guelph, and its agents and employees (“the City”) from all claims and actions, however caused, arising from my participation in this Program. I acknowledge that the City is not responsible for the selection, operation or installation of any toilet replacement under this Program. I agree to allow the City access to water billing account information for the sole purpose of monitoring water savings and consumption. The City reserves the right to alter or cancel the Program at any time.
Institutional, Commercial and Industrial toilet rebates
Rebates are also available for industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) facilities. For more information, call 519-822-1260 extension 2633.
- A limited number of rebates are available.
- Rebates are only available to Guelph residents and properties that are connected to the City of Guelph municipal water and wastewater system.
- A maximum of two rebates are available per household.
- Homes built during or after 1996 do not qualify.
- The City will not honour rebates for non-approved toilets. Please verify that you have purchased the correct model. Model numbers could differ slightly for coloured or lined toilet models.
- The City of Guelph does not endorse specific brands, products, or dealers; nor does it guarantee materials, workmanship, performance, or durability of the qualifying items.
- The City of Guelph reserves the right to change or cancel the program at any time
|People per household||Payback period (months)|
Frequently asked questions
The City’s list of eligible models meet the criteria of the US EPA’s WaterSense standard guidelines. WaterSense certified models are proven to achieve sustainable water savings and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with performance.
- Drop it off at the Waste Resource Innovation Centre, a fee applies.
- Arrange for Bulky Item Collection, bulky item tickets are $30 for one item.
As soon as the application form and receipt is received, the City will verify and process the application. Once the application is approved, the rebate amount should appear on the applicant’s hydro bill within 10 to 12 weeks.