Rebates toward the purchase and installation of sub-meters are available for residential buildings including rental apartment buildings, condominiums and single-family homes. Using sub-meters to monitor water use helps notify property owners and managers if individual units have high water demands that might indicate:
- Inefficient plumbing products
- Wasteful water use habits
The City of Guelph will rebate $125 for each permanently installed sub-meter and $100 for each add-on sub-meter (e.g. strap-on meter) with smart technology. To qualify for a rebate, permanent sub-meters must meet or exceed American Water Works Association (AWWA) and NSF International standards (NSF/ANSI 61).
For add-on sub-meters with smart technology, only one rebate is available per municipal meter per building.
Residential buildings qualify for rebates if they are:
- Located within the City of Guelph limits
- Hold an active City of Guelph water account
- For buildings of seven (7) units or more with an average water demand of more than 150 cubic metres (m3) per unit per year you must complete a Multi-residential Water Audit
If your building has seven (7) units or more and you require assistance please contact Water Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-837-5627.
To apply for the rebate, please submit the online application with uploaded proof of purchase (for example, a store receipt) and proof of installation (for example, the plumber’s invoice). For add-on sub-meter rebates, only a proof of purchase along with the completed application is necessary.
The City of Guelph will contact you within five (5) business days after receiving the documents.
- Residential Sub-Water Meter Program Application Form: Permanent sub-meters
- Residential Sub-Water Meter Program Terms and Conditions: Permanent sub-meters
- Residential Sub-Water Meter Program Application Form: Add-on sub-meters
- Residential Sub-Water Meter Program Terms and Conditions: Add-on sub-meters
If you require the above documents in an alternate format please contact 519-822-1260 extension 2633.
For more information
519-822-1260 extension 2189