The City’s Market Morning program aims to animate public space by connecting artists with the community.
Local artists are engaged to lead out-door art-making activities that are open and free to the public over a four-week period each summer at Guelph Farmers’ Market.
Due to a lack of sponsorship, budget cuts and staff capacity Market Mornings will pause for 2019. The viability of the program will be reviewed for 2020.
- animate public space through public participation in creative activity
- provide opportunities for artists to engage with the community
The City of Guelph will provide
- designated outdoor working space on four Saturday mornings;
- sun shelter, work tables and water access;
- limited space for the storage of materials and work(s) in progress;
- budget inclusive of an artist fee plus funding for materials and costs related to the completion and installation of the project;
- support staff; and
- marketing assistance and promotional materials.
The artist will
- enter into an official agreement with the City of Guelph;
- provide regularly scheduled public programming on four select Saturdays;
- deliver the selected project within the program’s timeline and budget;
- purchase and transport all materials related to the project;
- provide regular progress updates to City staff;
- be available to speak with the media; and
- attend a debriefing session with City staff at the end of the program.