The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
The successful candidate will be an important member of the 2013 Summer Parks and Recreation department. Reporting to the Supervisor, Aquatics, you will be working at the following Wading Pool Sites:
- Sunny Acres Park
- Mico Valeriote Park
- Exhibition Park
- Provide quality customer service for all patrons in the park
- Report any vandalism, or damage to equipment or public property
- Complete required records and time sheets on a daily basis
- Clean up around the area daily
- Open and operate the facility as per the procedure set out
- Perform daily site inspections on all equipment and facilities, reporting defects to the immediate supervisor or designate
- Maintain daily written records of work-related activities, chemical levels, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess good team skills and have a focus on quality customer service
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working with children is an asset
- Must have or be willing to obtain a First Aid and CPR Certificate and attend a wading pool training session prior to start of position
- National Lifeguarding Service (NLS) Certification or other related water safety certifications would be an asset
- A satisfactory police record check will be required at time of offer
Hours of work
- 20 hours/week any 5 days from Sunday to Saturday
- Two Shift – 11:00AM – 3:00 PM or 3:00PM – 7:00PM
- You will work most weekends
- Season runs from end of June to Labour Day
- $10.46 per hour
Please note, all candidates who are hired will need to attend a mandatory orientation/training on Tuesday, June 18th from 4:30pm to 8:30pm.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply by Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 by sending the cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.