The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Located in the heart of downtown Guelph, the Sleeman Centre is a state of the art facility that opened in September of 2000. With a seating capacity of 5,000 people, the Sleeman Centre is used for concerts, trade shows, conferences and various sporting events. It is also the home of the 2004 OHL champions, the Guelph Storms.
This position will be responsible for balancing and reconciliation of revenues for various sales locations.. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the community Vision – to be the City that makes a difference.
- Operate cash counting equipment
- Complete and manipulate computerized spread sheets
- Verify cash and change floats and revenues
- Issue floats and tips to appropriate personnel
- Create floats of predetermined quantity and amounts
- Ensure revenue and appropriate paperwork/documentation is handled in accordance with procedures
- Ensure cash office, cash and documentation are left in a secure manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a grade 12 diploma and 6 months relevant experience handling large volumes of cash and performing clerical support. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Previous cash handling experience with an aptitude for numbers and accuracy
- Strong data entry skills with the ability to transpose information with a very high degree of accuracy and speed
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus to both internal and external clients, and be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to manage multiple and changing demands and priorities.
- Must possess good communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Hours of Work:
5 to 15hrs/week, typically 5 hour shifts, mostly evenings and weekends as dictated by event schedules
Rate of Pay:
$14.20 per hour
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should apply with their cover letter and resume as one document in word or pdf specifying the job title in the subject line by email to Manager, Sleeman Centre at email@example.com by Sunday October 22, 2017.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.