Located in the heart of downtown Guelph, the River Run Centre is a magnificent performing arts centre that opened in October 1997. The Centre houses a 786-seat Main Stage Theatre, the 225-seat Co-operators Hall and the large Canada Company Hall, a communal lobby which is also multi-purpose.
We are currently accepting applications for customer service oriented individuals to work part time (5-20 hours per week). Shifts will vary and there is no guarantee of hours; evenings and weekends are required. Sometimes referred to as House Captains or Floor Supervisors, this position is responsible for providing staff support to the Front of House Operations. This includes supervising the individual levels of the theatre, monitoring patron activity, assisting the volunteers in their positions as needed, counting floats and deposits,
stocking bar inventory and assisting in emergency situations.
- Job requirements include strong customer service skills, ability to work well with volunteers in a team environment, knowledge of theatre and/or concession services, comfort handling cash and inventory, and the ability to do light lifting of bar and concession inventory.
- Neat appearance and positive attitude when dealing with co-workers and patrons are essential.
- Candidates should have completed their Smart Serve Certification.
- First Aid training is an asset.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit cover letter and resume as one document if sending by email.
Resumes can be submitted:
- In person(Monday–Friday 11am-4pm): River Run Centre Box Office, 35 Woolwich Street
- By mail: River Run Centre, 35 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3V1
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply by email is midnight Monday, November 20, 2017.
The City of Guelph values diversity in the workplace and we are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require a workplace accommodation in order to fulfill the duties of this role, please let us know prior to your start date..
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THE CITY OF GUELPH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER