Resumes are being accepted for Park Activation Program Assistant with the Programming and Community Development Department.
This dynamic, responsible individual will coordinate and deliver physical activity programming for children in community parks. This program is in partnership with the Energize Guelph initiative.
- Deliver dynamic and creative physical activity programming for children in local parks.
- Provide on-site supervision and leadership to participants and support fellow program staff at Park Programming session.
- Take a lead role in the development and implementation of weekly activities and events.
- Assist in the advertising/promoting of Park Activation activities and programs.
- Act as a resource and advocate for participating children and parents.
- Responsible for the health and safety of participants, volunteers and staff.
- Responsible for R-Zone program compliance.
- Complete various administrative duties ( progress reports, incident reports, statistics, program evaluation)
- Ensure that City Parks and Programming and Community Development Program Guidelines and Procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and kept in an acceptable, safe condition.
- Assist with the planning and realization of special events, when required.
- Currently enrolled or completed a degree/diploma in Recreation & Leisure Services, Social Services, Child Development or related field.
- Experience working with children age 4 – 12 years old.
- Experience in program planning, development and implementation for this age group.
- A valid Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain upon hiring).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal skills) and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills with the ability to identify and resolve conflicts before they escalate.
- A current Police Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
16 – 24 hours per week. Evening and weekend work will be required.
Rate of pay
$15.57 – 16.68 per hour.
How to apply
Applications must be received online by Sunday, February 26, 2017. To access the online application system, please click on the “Apply for this job” icon below. Please follow the instructions and follow all steps to the process. In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process.
You will also need to attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document (PDF format preferred). If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.