The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Located in the heart of downtown Guelph, the Sleeman Centre is a state of the art facility that opened in September of 2000. With a seating capacity of 5,000 people, the Sleeman Centre is used for concerts, trade shows, conferences and various sporting events. It is also the home of the 2004 OHL champions, the Guelph Storms.
This position will assist the Restaurant Coordinator in overseeing the main production kitchen for the Sleeman Centre. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the community Vision – to be the City that makes a difference.
• Post-secondary education in a food preparation program with 2 to 3 years related kitchen supervisory experience
• Extensive experience producing food in a variety of food service formats
• Demonstrated leadership and performance management abilities
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and quality customer service.
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and safety Act, WHIMIS, safe food handling and storage, and the Canada Food Guide.
• Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, presentation as well as food and labour cost controls.
• Working knowledge of the Health Unit regulations pertaining to food and Beverage Services
• Must possess a demonstrated passion for cooking
• Be able to work nights and weekends on a regular basis as required.
• Standard First Aid, CPR and AED certificates an asset
Skills and Specifications:
• Excellent client relationship skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to remain calm even under the most difficult of circumstances
• Excellent customer service, organizational and project management skills
• Strong supervisor skills capable of motivating and leading by example, a very varied staff
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• A very detail orientated and hard working team player
Hours of Work:
The individuals will work evenings and week-ends (up to 20 hours per week). Our season runs from September 2014 to May 2015.
Interviews will begin as of mid-August 2014; however, applications will be accepted until
September 30, 2014.
Rate of Pay:
17.82 per hour
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should forward their resume specifying the job position to Human Resources, 1 Carden Street, Guelph, Ontario, N1H 3A1 or by fax (519) 763-2685 or by email at email@example.com by September 30, 2014.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.