The City of Guelph Recreation Division offers a variety of recreation fitness program for people of all ages and abilities in weekly sessions throughout the year.
Reporting to the Recreation Program Coordinator, successful candidates will lead a fun and motivating setting for group fitness classes, and be inclusive to all participants.
We offer a variety of classes at various locations – West End Community Centre, Victoria Road Recreation Centre and Evergreen Seniors Community Centre.
HOURS OF WORK:
Depending on the program(s) the instructor is hired for, the hours will include the program time and up to a 15 min for preparation and 15 min for take down.
Programs we are hiring for could be offered on week days, week nights and weekends
We are looking for qualified fitness instructors to teach in the following areas/skill sets:
- Stroller fit
- Belly Dancing
- Kettle Bell
- Self Defence
- Cardio boot camp
- Create a welcoming environment for all participants
- Communicate with the program team
- Provide enthusiastic and exciting fitness classes
- Provide fully inclusive program to participants of all abilities
- Ensure participant confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold an approved group fitness instructor qualification (CAN FIT PRO etc)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to respect and maintain participant confidentiality
- A satisfactory Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check is required at time of offer
- Standard first Aid with CPR C
- Full availability is required for scheduled program day and time
RATE OF PAY:
$22.65-24.65 per hour
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND REQUIREMENTS:
Friday, September 8, 2017
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to:
Tonie Sacchetti, Recreation Program Coordinator
For more information about some of the programs we are hiring for, please reference programs listed in adult section in the Guelph Community Guide at guelph.ca/recreation
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.