The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the temporary position of Finance Process Analyst within the Finance Department. This is a split role reporting to the Procurement Manager and the Manager, Financial Reporting and Accounting. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting management in reviewing and formalizing various procurement and accounts payable processes in order to increase the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the departments. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
- Conduct walkthroughs and develop standard operating procedures for various purchasing and accounts payable processes.
- Liaison with the Information Technology department to develop a formal policy for user access in the City’s financial systems.
- Liaison with the Information Technology department to develop reports to monitor performance metrics.
- Formalize a vendor application and review process.
- Document and communicate formal data entry standards.
- Collaborate with management in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures surrounding the purchasing and accounts payable process including training, communications, and monitoring.
- Monitor the effectiveness of control practices being implemented and resolve problems identified.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above plus the completion of a post-secondary degree in business or a related field.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Understanding of risk management principles and application.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Proven analytical, organizational, project management and procedural writing skills.
- Familiar with the procurement and payables cycle.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office software including Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize to meet strict deadlines.
$65,133.38 – $81,416.72
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Monday, July 31, 2017. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
To access the online application system, please click on the “Apply for this job” icon. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.