The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Located in the heart of downtown Guelph, the Sleeman Centre is a state of the art facility that opened in September of 2000. With a seating capacity of 5,000 people, the Sleeman Centre is used for concerts, trade shows, conferences and various sporting events. It is also the home of the 2014 OHL champion, Guelph Storm.
This position will provide customer service and cleaning in the Sleeman Centre. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the community Vision – to be the City that makes a difference.
- Cleaning work includes sweeping, vacuuming, washing floors, mirrors and windows, cleaning washrooms, work rooms, polishing, responding to emergency clean-ups and spills, garbage removal etc.
- Stocking supplies
- Recognize potential accident causes and watch out for and eliminate them
- Report without delay any accidents, defects etc.
- Interacting with the public and staff for help and inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules (including: nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Able to attend work on a regular and consistent basis as scheduled as such
- Knowledge of basic housekeeping functions, including affiliated roles & responsibilities
- Excellent customer service, client relations, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in event related environment is an asset
- Able to understand and comprehend all policies and procedures as they relate to the work being performed
- Able to follow instructions and operate various related cleaning equipment
- Must be physically fit to perform all essential duties/ requirements associated with this job
- Able to maintain good working relationship with co-workers
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to be on feet for extended period of time
- Possession of valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certification is an asset
Hours of Work:
The individuals will work evenings, week-ends and holidays (up to 24 hours per week). Our season runs from September 2017 to May 2018. (Approx.)
Interviews will begin in August 2017; however, applications will be accepted until
September 8, 2017.
Rate of Pay:
$12.96 per hour
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Friday, August 11, 2017.
To access the online application system, please click on the “Apply for this job” icon. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.