The City of Guelph Recreation Division is looking for a Dance Program Instructor who has direct experience working with groups in a recreational dance program setting.
For more information about some of the programs we are hiring for, please reference programs listed in the preschool and children sections in the Guelph Community Guide at guelph.ca/recreation
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a seasonal position, operating part-time hours in the school-year only and applies to the dance programs offered at the West End Community Center, and Victoria Road Recreation Center:
Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesdays
The hours of work will include the program time and 15 mins before and after the program for preparation and take down.
- Create a welcoming environment for all participants
- Lead/assist with all aspects of programming including planning, providing music, leadership, a fun, safe and encouraging environment.
- Lead activities and fully engage with participants in all activities.
- Provide fully inclusive program to participants of all abilities and understanding and encouragement to each child
- Communicate with the program team
- Ensure participant confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in dance and with specified age group for program
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, highly organized and creative
- Show a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to exchange information and ideas to maintain understanding between the program team, participants, parents and the general public
- High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development certification (willing to obtain within 3 months)
- A satisfactory Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check is required at time of offer
- Standard First Aid with CPR C is an asset
- Full availability is required for scheduled program day and time
RATE OF PAY:
$11.50-12.25 per hour
Friday September 8th, 2017
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter with “Dance Instructor” in the subject line to:
Sarah Farwell, Public Services Recreation Division
For more information about some of the programs we are hiring for, please reference programs listed in preschool, children’s and youth sections in the Guelph Community Guide at guelph.ca/recreation
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.