The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the position of Customer Service Assistant III – ServiceGuelph. As the first person citizens encounter, the successful candidate will be the face of the City of Guelph and will deliver exceptional centralized customer service by providing assistance to City Hall customers in a friendly and professional manner. Your citizen-first, service-oriented approach will be the key to building positive experiences for customers. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
HOURS OF WORK:
Up to 20 hours per week with daytime, evening and weekend shifts required.
- Assist with variety of financial and non-financial transactions including processing
- Payments (e.g. parking tickets, transit tickets/passes, tax payments, licensing payments, and general sales), processing registrations and memberships, accepting applications, documents, and forms, and responding to general inquiries.
- Assist with processing statutory services e.g. signing burial permits.
- Assist in operating the corporate switchboard and TTY.
- Assist with responding to corporate e-mail inquiries.
- Assist with sorting and processing corporate mail.
- Operate and balance a cash drawer.
- Create a positive experience for customers by responding to their service needs quickly, professionally, and accurately.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a Grade 12 diploma and 1-2 years of experience in a customer service environment.
- Experience handling high volume cash/credit/debit transactions (e.g. safe cash handling, accurate balancing, and security processes).
- Knowledge of municipal services, programs, and initiatives.
- Excel in a team environment and enjoy sharing knowledge with others.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Must have a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have attention to accuracy and timelines.
- Need intermediate computer skills.
Rate of Pay:
$17.08 per hour.
How to Apply:
Applications must be received online by June 22, 2017. To apply for this position, please visit http://guelph.ca/employment-careers/ for further detailed instructions. Please follow the instructions and follow all steps to the process. In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. You will also need to attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document (PDF format preferred). If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.