The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the position of year-round part-time Customer Service Clerk II with the Operations Department of Public Services. The successful candidate will focus on quality customer service and continuous improvement processes. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
Hour of Work:
20 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the City of Guelph in a professional manner at all times.
- Provide customer service support, by phone, email, and in person, including greeting customers and visitors.
- Perform clerical duties including data entry, and prepare memos, letters, and correspondence.
- Answer and direct calls, radio dispatching, and enter customer service request data.
- Coordinate room bookings for the Department boardroom.
- Monitor and respond to correspondence in the Department general email inbox.
- Compile and communicate information regarding emergency Road Closures.
- Responsible for the ordering and inventory of office supplies for the Department.
- Responsible for the reimbursements and maintenance of petty cash for the Department.
- Provide monthly statistical reports associated with job functions.
- Distribute Department mail.
- Provide backup coverage to the Records Clerk position.
- Provide support to other positions within the Administrative Office.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Be responsible to work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and the City of Guelph policies and Corporate values (V.I.E.W.)
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a Grade 12 Diploma and 1 – 2 years experience in customer service and clerical duties. Candidates with an equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to resolve customer inquiries/complaints in an effective manner.
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience with SPL/WAM would be a definite asset.
- Must possess a strong customer focus, excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to manage multiple and changing demands and priorities and capable of performing a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Have the ability to deal with the public in a cordial and professional manner.
- Strong word processing skills.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Rate of Pay:
$15.57 per hour
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should apply online. First consideration will be given to those applications received by Thursday, September 7, 2017. Applications submitted after that date will be reviewed on an as needed basis. Please note, candidates will be required to complete a short questionnaire at the time of application.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.