The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
This position will provide cleaning at various recreation facilities within the City of Guelph. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the community Vision – to be the City that makes a difference.
- Cleaning work includes sweeping, vacuuming, washing floors, mirrors and windows, cleaning washrooms, work rooms, polishing, responding to emergency clean-ups and spills, garbage removal, stocking supplies etc.
- Cleaning loose garbage outside, salting/sanding and snow shoveling.
- Greet all patrons in a welcoming and friendly manner, consistently maintaining a positive attitude.
- Work with enthusiasm and professionalism as a member of Recreation team.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and adhere to all City of Guelph and facility service standards and policies.
- Work within the specifications of supervisor or assigned supervisory staff at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in cleaning required.
- Experience with custodial work is an asset.
- WHIMIS training and knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act are required
- Ability to perform physical work including lifting, bending, pushing and pulling with moderate exertion
- Current or ability to obtain Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Experience in providing quality customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Must be a team player and work well in a multitasked environment
Hours of work
Up to 24 hours per week, evenings and weekends.
Rate of pay
$12.96 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system.
To access the online application system, please click on the “Apply for this job” icon. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.