The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Hours of Work:
Up to 20 hours per week working evenings and weekends
- Cleaning at a variety of locations
- Cleaning work includes sweeping, vacuuming, washing floors, mirrors and windows, cleaning washrooms, work rooms, polishing, responding to emergency clean-ups and spills, garbage removal etc.
- Stocking supplies
- Cleaning loose garbage outside, salting/sanding and snow shoveling.
- Recognize potential accident causes and watch out for and eliminate them
- Report without delay any accidents, defects etc.
- Interacting with the public and staff for help and inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience cleaning would be an asset
- Current or ability to obtain Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Experience in providing quality customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform physical work including lifting, bending, pushing and pulling with moderate exertion
- Team player and able to work with & without direct supervision
- Must be a self-starter and work well in a multitasked environment
- WHIMIS training and knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act are required
$12.96 per hour
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system.
To access the online application system, please click on the “Apply for this job” icon below. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.