Flashing/revolving signs, inflatable signs, signs for home-based businesses, unauthorized signs on utility poles, signs which obstruct the vision of drivers, and signs installed without the required permit do not comply with Guelph’s sign bylaw.
- Call 519-837-2529
- Submit a sign concern or ask about a sign that has been removed
We’ll respond within two days
- Use the map app to submit a sign concern
Get a sign permit
Please submit your permit application, drawing and fee for a mobile sign, building sign, freestanding sign (pylon sign), or portable sign (A-frame/sandwich board). If you plan to place the sign on a boulevard (City property) there may be additional regulations.
Permits are NOT required for:
- Garage/yard sale signs (please remove immediately after the event)
- A sign for occasional use as set out in the zoning bylaw. real estate signs, posters, open house or model home directional signs, construction or subdivision site sign, or portable sign for a home maintenance contractor
- A commemorative plaque or cornerstone on your own property that does not advertise
- Municipal election signs
Get permission for posters
Posters are permitted on approved poster sleeves on utility poles in front of secondary schools and downtown, and on the downtown community board.
- To place a poster on utility poles, please contact ServiceGuelph
call 519-122-1260 or email email@example.com
- To place a poster on the downtown community board, please contact the Downtown Guelph Business Association
Put a sign on the Norfolk Street Bridge
Not-for-profit organizations can apply to ServiceGuelph for permission to place a temporary banner on the Norfolk Street Bridge.