Report a noise or nuisance party complaint
Call Guelph Police Service 519-824-1212 (non-emergency number) a police or bylaw officer will be dispatched.
The City’s noise control and nuisance party bylaws address complaints including but not limited to:
- Fireworks (detonation of explosives)
- Persistent barking, calling or whining of a pet
- Loud equipment, vehicle, radio, television, stereo or other electronic device
- Operation of construction equipment after 7 p.m. or before 7 a.m.
- Squealing tires
- Yelling, shouting
- Public drunkenness, disorderly conduct or public disturbance
- Unlawful sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages or controlled or illegal substances
- Damage or destruction of property
Apply for a noise control bylaw exemption permit
For things like community events, factory operations or road construction etc., individuals and/or organizations can apply for a noise control bylaw exemption permit.
This process is not intended for house or block parties, residential concerts or outdoor celebrations etc. Guelph bylaws still apply during such events and we recommend notifying your neighbours before hosting such an event.
- Call 519-837-2529
- Apply for a noise control bylaw exemption permit
Need other permits for your event?
Get your Special Event User Guide for help planning a successful community event.