Damaged signs

Traffic signs

Traffic Field Operation staff are responsible for the maintenance of approximately 20,000 traffic signs throughout the city. This covers any City sign from stop signs to no parking signs on City streets and lots. Traffic Field Operation staff also install and maintain bus stop signs on behalf of Guelph Transit.

Pavement markings

Pavement marking services are performed by outside contractors. All pavement markings are refreshed at least once per year.

Construction signing

Traffic Field Operations staff provide construction signing for Water Services, Forestry, Engineering Services and special events.

Traffic signs along the Hanlon Expressway and within the County of Wellington are not maintained by the City of Guelph.

Wellington County and outside of the City of Guelph

For concerns with signs on roads in Wellington County and outside of the City of Guelph boundaries please contact the Wellington County Roads Division at 519-837-2601 or 1-800-663-0750.

Hanlon Parkway/Highway 6 North

For concerns with signs along the Hanlon Parkway/Highway 6 North please call MTO INFO at 416-235-4686 or toll-free at 1-800-268-4686. (TTY: 905-704-2426 or 1-866-471-8929).

To report a malfunctioning traffic signal you will need:

  • name of the street
  • name of the nearest cross-street
  • description of issue
Please call 519-837-5628 to report a traffic sign issue.