The City of Guelph may promote events on its website and/or social media sites if the City is involved as a host, participant or partner. Otherwise, the City does not permit members of the public to promote events on guelph.ca and/or social media sites.
There are many other sites where you can promote your event:
This list is provided as a courtesy and is not an endoresement of the companies mentioned.
- This event has passed.
Rogers Hometown Hockey in Guelph
April 1, 2017 at 12:00 pm to 6:00 pmFree
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour ultimate hockey fan experience, is making its way across Canada with an exciting stop in the Royal City, April 1 to 2!
This free festival kicks off in Market Square starting at noon on Saturday, April 1 and will feature family-friendly programming and activities all weekend long.
Plus, join Hometown Hockey hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone for a live broadcast and outdoor viewing party on Sunday evening as the Vancouver Canucks take on the San Jose Sharks.
Help us celebrate Canada’s game by showing the world how Guelph celebrates hockey!
New information will be posted here as available, but also join Guelph’s Hometown Hockey Facebook Event to stay in the loop!
Road closures/parking restrictions on Carden and Wilson streets
Event set up begins March 30: Event set up along Carden and Wilson streets will take place on Thursday, March 30 and Friday, March 31; taking two full days to complete. The streets will remain closed for the duration of the event.
- Wilson and Carden streets will have closures starting Thursday, March 30 through to Monday, April 3.
- Wilson Street from Gordon Street to MacDonell Street will close Thursday, March 30 at 7 a.m. and reopen after 7 a.m. on Monday, April 3.
- Carden Street from Wilson Street to City Hall parking access will close Thursday, March 30 after 7 a.m. and reopen after 7 a.m. on Monday, April 3.
- Carden Street from City Hall parking access to Wyndham Street will close on Friday, March 31 at 7 a.m. and reopen after 7 a.m. on Monday, April 3.
- Wilson Street parking lot will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 29 and reopen at 8 a.m. on Monday, April 3.
- Parking is available in the City’s Macdonell, Fountain, Baker and Neeve Street Lots, as well as the East & West Parkades. Street parking is also available throughout the downtown core. See guelph.ca/parking for details.
Property and business access: All businesses in the event area will remain open.
Guelph Transit: Routes 5, 8 and 9 will be on detour from March 30 at 7 a.m. until April 3 at 7 a.m. Visit
guelph.ca/transit for detour details.
Waste collection: Businesses are asked to place green, blue and grey carts at the curb, as per the regular waste collection schedule.
Map of event area
The City appreciates your patience, understanding and co-operation during this special event.