Environmental Impact Studies (EIS) are an important tool used through the development review process to help protect, maintain, enhance and restore the City’s natural heritage system. This guide is intended to be a resource for the development community (applicants, developers, consultants, etc.) to assist in the preparation, submission and review of an Environmental Impact Studies.
The purpose of this Environmental Impact Studies Guide is to:
- Provide additional clarity for applicants on how to address/satisfy the environmental study requirements within the City’s Official Plan as part of a development proposal;
- Facilitate the consistent application of environmental impact study related policies for Terms of References for Environmental Impact Studies and reports;
- Provide additional clarity on the process for the submission and review of Environmental Impact Studies Terms of References and Environmental Impact Studies reports;
- Support improving the quality of Terms of References for Environmental Impact Studies being received by the City, and subsequently the submission of Environmental Impact Studies and Environmental Implementation Reports;
- Support the objectives of the Grand River Conservation Authority (GRCA) policies and regulations where they overlap with City Official Plan requirements; and,
- Support improving the process and timelines associated with the circulation and review of Environmental Impact Studies Terms of References and Environmental Impact Studies reports.
For more information
519 822 1260 extension 5616