The Public Art Advisory Committee provides strategic input and advice to Council and Staff on matters pertaining to public art in the City of Guelph, in support of the corporate goal to ensure a well-designed, safe, inclusive, appealing and sustainable city.
- Advise on the implementation of the Public Art Policy;
- Review proposed project scope and terms of reference for each new public art project;
- Ensure application of established procedures and guidelines for each selection process;
- Advise and promote communication and outreach of the policy to the community;
- Advise and recommend to staff on proposed gifts, donations and bequests to the City in accordance with established guidelines;
- Advise on the development and implementation of maintenance for the art collection and for accessioning and de-accessioning of works associated with the Public Art Policy;
- Review the staff’s Public Art Operations Manual and Public Art Plan for placing works within the public domain.
The Committee will meet a minimum of three times during the year. Additional meetings may be called to address specific project requirements.
Who we are
The Committee consists of seven (7) members with professional experience related to at least one of the following disciplines: urban planning or development, architecture or landscape architecture, visual, literary or performing arts, art history, art administration or education, curation, visual arts consulting, civil engineering, art reviewing/writing, or heritage research and planning.
All members are residents of Guelph and demonstrate a significant knowledge of arts and culture.
The Committee is subject to the City’s Code of Conduct policies to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all participants involved in public art processes and to ensure recommendations are without bias.
City of Guelph staff
Committee Liaison, Acting
General Manager of Culture, Tourism and Community Investment
519-837-5662 extension 2621
Cultural Program and Event Coordinator
519-822-1260 extension 2629
Alternate formats are available as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act by contacting the Clerks Office at 519-822-1260 extension 5603.
|October 24, 2016meeting location details||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 30, 2016meeting location details||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 26, 2016meeting location details||Agenda||Minutes|