Although City crews regularly inspect streets and intersections according to MTO standards to identify pot holes and other road deficiencies, pot holes can develop quickly when temperatures hover around zero degrees. To report a pot hole please send an e-mail or call the Operations Department at 519-837-5628. Please be as specific as possible about the location of the pot hole and let us know as many of the following details as you can gather:
- the name of the street
- nearest municipal (building) number
- the name of the nearest cross-street
- which lane (i.e., north bound lane, turning lane, etc.)
Pothole complaints are addressed on both a priority and scheduling basis. If your vehicle is damaged because of striking a pothole, we suggest:
- Do not continue to drive your vehicle if it is not operating properly.
- Record the exact location of the pothole and report it to the City as outlined above.
- Have the vehicle inspected by a licensed mechanic.
- You may wish to contact your insurance broker or insurer as you may have coverage for this type of vehicle damage.
- Report your claim online