The following are key highlights of the City of Guelph’s CAO employment contract
- Term of Agreement: June 2, 2016 to midnight on April 30, 2019.
- Base salary: $230,000 annually with no increases during the term of the contract.
- Benefits: Eligible to participate in health, dental, disability, insurance and any other employee benefit programs offered by the Employer in accordance with the terms and conditions of the plans and policies.
- Automotive Allowance: $800 per month as compensation for both personal and business purposes.
- Vacation: Employee is entitled to six weeks of vacation annually.
- Overtime: Employee is not eligible for overtime, however will receive one week in lieu of all overtime worked in a year, in accordance with the Council approved NUME compensation policy.
In 2017, the CAO’s total taxable earnings were $278,614. This includes base salary; a one-time $20,128 stipend related to his work as lead negotiator for the Guelph Hydro-Alectra merger; $11,236 in taxable benefits and allowance such as automobile allowance; and $17,250 from a lump-sum vacation pay-out for 136.5 unused vacation hours.