October 20, 2017
Starting October 23, the City of Guelph will begin construction on the Silvercreek Trail extension in Silvercreek Park, located at 142 Edinburgh Street South.
The work will include:
- Clearing vegetation along the existing trail route;
- Constructing a three-metre wide asphalt trail, including drainage measures
- Installing information/education signs, permanent furniture, and naturalized plantings;
- Replacing existing shade structure with two new shade structures;
- Removing the volleyball courts; and
- Relocating parking
During construction, park users can access the park’s open spaces and skatepark. However, if temporary closure of the park is required a notice will be posted. Vehicular access to the skatepark will be accommodated in Silvercreek Park on the east side of Edinburgh Road South.
Park users are not permitted inside the construction fencing that marks the active construction zone. Once the fencing is removed, the entire park space will be accessible to the public.
The work, to be completed by Speedside Construction Limited, is expected to be completed in spring 2018, weather depending.
For more information
Tiffany Hanna, OALA, CSLA
Park Planner, Parks and Recreation
519-822-1260 extension 3371