Guelph, Ont., Tuesday, January 17, 2017–Ontario’s energy landscape is changing and many cities are making changes to their local electricity distribution companies. The City of Guelph and Guelph Hydro want to make sure we keep getting great service for Guelph Hydro customers and our community.
We’re exploring options for Guelph Hydro
- maintaining full ownership
- buying another electricity utility
- merging with another utility company, or
- selling Guelph Hydro to a public or private organization
We’re researching utility mergers and sales across Ontario to understand potential opportunities for Guelph Hydro. We’re also asking Guelph and Rockwood residents and businesses “What matters most to you as the City explores options for Guelph Hydro?”
The poll will be completed by Pollara Strategic Insights. It takes about 5 minutes to participate, and the results will be included in a report to Guelph City Council in February.
Visit energizingtomorrow.ca to learn more, ask questions, submit comments and take the poll online.
- Ontario’s changing energy landscape
- About the options for Guelph Hydro
- Submit your questions and comments
- Take the poll online
- Energizing Tomorrow Booklet
Tara Sprigg, General Manager
Corporate Communications and Customer Service
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 extension 2610