Today, October 4, City staff will take over occupancy of the arena and begin preparations for ice making. Ice users will take to the ice on October 15.
Construction crews have also been busy with the following aspects of the Victoria Road Recreation Centre renovation.
Behind the scenes
As of October 4, 2016, a summary of the work completed or underway.
- Arena ceiling painting complete
- Washroom partitions at arena change room washrooms
- Fencing to be installed for arena patrons
- Courtyard foundation to be formed and poured
- Onsite structural steel started
- Duct work at penthouse; rough-in at first floor masonry walls; install water meter