Guelph, Ont., September 28, 2016 – The City is extending the application deadline for the Community Energy Initiative (CEI) task force to midnight on Friday, October 14.
“We’ve received sixteen applications from members of the public and environmental groups, but the search is still on for task force members who represent the business sector, development industry, home builders, academia and other levels of government,” explains Rob Kerr, manager of Community Energy. “We are extending the deadline to ensure we fill all the task force seats.”
Interested individuals are encouraged to send their name, contact information and responses to three questions to Rob Kerr at email@example.com or City Hall, 1 Carden Street, Guelph, Ontario, N1H 3A1.
The task force is to include up to 16 individuals or representatives from the following areas:
- Business/industry (maximum 3 members)
- Home builder/development industry (maximum 2 members)
- Energy/environmental interest group (maximum 3 members)
- Academia (maximum 2 members)
- Guelph Wellington Chamber of Commerce (maximum 1 member)
- Provincial/Federal government (maximum 2 members)
- Members of the public/residential rate payers (maximum 3 members)
Members will be selected based on the terms of reference criteria. Successful applicants will be contacted in late October and it is anticipated the first task force meeting will take place in November.
The task force will guide, oversee, and report to the community and Council on the priorities and progress of the Community Energy Initiative.
The original application deadline of Friday, September 30 was extended by two weeks.
For more information
Manager, Community Energy
519-822-1260 extension 2079