Truckload rain barrel sale part of open house activities
Attention news, photo and video editors
Guelph, Ont., May 25, 2016—The City of Guelph is hosting an open house at the F.M. Woods Pumping Station on Saturday, May 28. The event at the City’s water facility includes the annual rain barrel sale, as well as behind-the-scenes tours, and games and activities for children. The Waterloo-Wellington Wildflower Society and Guelph Enabling Garden is also hosting a plant sale on site as part of the event.
Water Services open house and annual truckload rain barrel sale
City of Guelph Water Services staff will provide tours and answer questions
Guelph Firefighters will show visitors their fire truck
Waterloo-Wellington Wildflower Society and Guelph Enabling Garden will host a charity plant sale (cash only)
F.M. Woods Pumping Station
29 Waterworks Place
Saturday, May 28
9 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Take a tour to see how water gets from the ground to your home
- Discover more about Guelph water through fun games and activities
- Learn about great water conservation programs available in Guelph, including rebates
- Meet the people who help provide your water and get your water questions answered
- Pick up a rain barrel for $45 (cash only; rain barrels only available to Guelph residents, ID will be requested)
- Get a coupon for $5.00 off of a composter and start making your own soil
- Fill up your water bottle at the Water Wagon
- Get up close and personal with Guelph firefighters and check out their truck
- And snack on some delicious popcorn!
Plus, check out the Waterloo-Wellington Wildflower Society and Guelph Enabling Garden plant sale (cash only). Come early for the best selection of annual, perennial and woody plants!
For more information
Emily Stahl, Supervisor Water Efficiency
Environmental Services, Water Services
519-822-1260 extension 3411