The artists of Remembering In Flanders Fields: A Juried Art Show will be at the Guelph Civic Museum to talk to talk to visitors about how John McCrae’s famous poem inspired their works. The talks are set to take place every Saturday from 2 to 4 pm, starting on June 6 and ending July 25.
Here is the complete Meet the Artists schedule:
- June 6 – Jacques De Winter, Ruth Dahms
- June 13 – Clive Lewis, Jay Lefler, Barbara Cohen
- June 20 – Roxann Blazetich-Ozols, Barbara Bryce
- June 27 – Don Johnson, David Courtney, Bob McCorkindale
- July 4 – Pat Armstrong, Randy Hobson
- July 11 – Deb Dryden,
- July 18 – Vince Wall, Monica Bell
- July 25 – Urszula Hajdyla, Jake D. Bouwman, Heather Nagel
The Meet the Artists events are free with the price of admission.
Remembering in Flanders Fields is a juried art show on display at the Civic Museum featuring art by Guelph and Wellington County artists in a variety styles and mediums.
“We were thrilled with the submission we received,” says Guelph Museums manager Tammy Adkin. “Each artist brought a unique perspective to the subject-matter. It shows that the poem still speaks to people 100 years later.”
The exhibit is on display until August 9.
Guelph Civic Museum is located at 52 Norfolk St.
For more information
Community Relations Coordinator