Riders can take a free bus ride to advance poll locations
Guelph, ON, May 27, 2014 – On national Clean Air Day, Wednesday, June 4, Guelph Transit is offering free transit service all day.
In addition to offering free transit, the City invites commuters to learn about cleaner forms of transportation. Stop by Guelph Central Station on Clean Air Day between 9 a.m. and noon to pick up a free transit map, a free cycling map, get information on cycling safety, test out on-the-bus bike racks and learn about the accessibility features available on Guelph Transit buses.
On Clean Air Day, people are encouraged to choose environmentally-friendly travel options such as cycling, walking, carpooling, or taking public transit.
“Guelph Transit invites everyone to leave their cars at home and try transit for free on Clean Air Day,” says Christine Warne, supervisor of Transit Business Services at Guelph Transit. “We are a connected community with a transit system and bike lane network designed for active and sustainable transportation.”
Residents are also reminded that advance poll locations for the provincial general election are open on Wednesday, June 4 and can be reached on Guelph Transit:
- Returning Office (292 Speedvale Avenue West, Unit 1)
- Evergreen Seniors Centre (683 Woolwich Street)
- West End Community Centre (21 Imperial Road South)
- Guelph Public Library – East Branch (1 Starwood Drive)
- Guelph City Hall (1 Carden Street)
- Bishop MacDonnell Catholic High School (200 Clair Road West)
- Best Western / Royal Brock Hotel (716 Gordon Street)
- University of Guelph – University Centre (50 Stone Road East)
For more information
Supervisor of Transit Business Services
519-822-1260 extension 2624