The City of Guelph, with the assistance of Guelph Police Services, is developing a public nuisance by-law. This new by-law will provide by-law and police officers with tools to address minor, unwanted behaviour or activities on City-owned property and, in certain limited cases on private land, without laying criminal charges.
The draft by-law addresses:
- Activities that endanger the public using City facilities
- Activities that damage City facilities or land including camping
- Parties on private property that may affect public safety
- Operations, Transit and Emergency Services Committee Report – March 18, 2013
- Appendix A – Final draft public nuisance by-law
- Appendix B – Summary of public comments and proposed changes to original draft by-law
- Appendix C – Proposed set fines
- Draft public nuisance by-law
- Overview of draft public nuisance by-law
- Operations, Transit and Emergency Services Committee Report – September 17, 2012
Print copies are also available at the ServiceGuelph counter at City Hall.